Sunday, October 02, 2005

My first blog

Just thought i would start blogging too..dunno, how regular i am gonna be or how long i am gonna blog, but wanted to give it a shot..as always, wanting to be a little different.. my blog is gonna be a honest record of the real life observations that I've made so far.. inspired of course by my favorite sitcom seinfeld.. let me start with a simple one to begin with..

I think one of the most difficult things to do in your life is to be yourself.. logically, it should be the most easiest thing to do, but not in reality.. we always have this super human, idealistic, imaginary guy in our minds.. the guy who sleeps at 10, wakes up at 6, doesnt skip his breakfast, is never late, is always successful, etc, etc.. we try to be that guy, knowing that we can never be.. that guy does not exist... that is the human irony.. we know we can never achieve 100% efficiency, but our entire life is based on doing that... another thing on the same notion is that we want to change everything about yourself.. yeah, you may think I would love to have a nose like nicholas cage.. man, I would like to have my hair like tom cruise.. I would like to play the straight drive like sachin.. come on guys, lets face it, that guy has put in a couple of decades and thousands of hrs of practice into becoming one helluva player, do you think you're gonna play like him just because you are holding an 8 pound bat in your hands???

note: you people might think that this is a little too seinfeldy.. actually, that would perhaps be one of the best compliments that you would have given me if you think so..

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting da ...keep it going

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dei...nice blog...quite like jerry...
indeed it is an interesting observation...happens to me all the time...when i find myself in a tight spot, i just think 'okay..how would mr.x (some successful guy,mostly whom i know) have handled this ?'...and i try to act out of this guy's head..tell u what, somtimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...but anyways that is always my first reaction...

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gooo... hari, what's driven you to write stuff like this da? Sounds good, no doubt.

Well the only sitcom I get to watch here is Sex and the city and it is great. I watch it for Sarah Jessica Parker. Keep it going. I guess the rest of us guys can follow suit too.

11:11 PM  
Blogger whoAmI said...

nice one machi,
simple but good observation. Life is ironic. U urself r tyring to b like seinfeld and not hari :P. but its good.

But I thought you had already blogged before. Keep the good stuff coming.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the sachin part. :-)

9:30 AM  
Blogger ArunGanga said...

Hari its nice to introspect yourself. Good to know you have started blogging. Keep them coming.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Vinod said...

I guess I would have to stop complaining about you always using Seinfeld as a reference. Apparently, Seinfeld has done a lot of good to you and possibly many other people.

Cool blog da. Great start!

3:48 PM  
Blogger hariharan said...

Thanks for your comments.. will keep them comin...

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hai ennadhu da idhu?? I dont even know what a BLOG is

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home